Our people define Heliae. We are always seeking talented individuals across disciplines interested in aiding us in our mission of unlocking the potential of algae and similarly underdeveloped organisms.
We believe in the importance of the work we do and understand the impact we can have as a company. We’ve attracted an incredible team and are continuing to grow.
If there is not a current role below that fits your skill set, please reach out to us with your resume and areas of interest. We are always looking for the best people to add to our team. Heliae hires based on merit and encourages diversity of all kinds – we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Submit your resume by completing the form above, including the job position you are interested in.
Basic Function: Perform a variety of analytical methods in support of production and R&D. Maintain instruments, notebooks, and records as needed for analyses and data management. Document lab results and prepare analysis reports. Maintain a clean, organized, safe and efficient laboratory environment.
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform Dry Weight and Tray weight analyses for determining culture density and sample moisture/ash content
- Perform Nitrate and Ammonia analyses using Lachat and UV/Vis
- Perform wet chemistry techniques as needed
- Prepare culture media concentrates
- Analyze data, compile properly documented data packages and utilize spreadsheets/databases to report laboratory results
- Perform second level review of laboratory test results and documentation
- Perform routine maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment
- Maintain and update laboratory chemical inventory
- Monitor quantities of chemicals and supplies in the laboratory and notify management when additional materials need to be purchased
- Maintain inventory of Safety Data Sheets
- Utilize good documentation practices to maintain accurate logbooks and records
- Ensure the laboratory is clean, organized and “24-hour Audit Ready”
- Adhere, maintain and promote a safe work environment
- Communicate with laboratory management about bench level needs, personnel or quality issues
- Science related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent laboratory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Ability to exercise effective time management skills in completion of assignments
- Due to the highly collaborative nature of this position good interpersonal skills are extremely important
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work 40 or more hours per week at Heliae’s headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona
- The ability to operate a:
- copier/fax machine
- The ability to:
- Walk a construction site.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day).
- Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
- See, hear, and speak.
AGSCIENCE SOIL MICROBIOLOGIST
The AgScience Soil Microbiologist will assist with the overall planning and implementation of Heliae’s Agroscience program aimed at developing and commercializing algae-based agricultural products.
Will provide expert guidance on understanding the interactions between our microalgae product and the beneficial and pathogenic soil microorganisms that impact plant productivity in order to enhance company position in agricultural industries worldwide. While a pathogenic background will be helpful to this position, we primarily seek candidates who have first hand experience working with beneficial bacteria and fungi in soils.
Will interact with key agricultural community members (i.e., consultants, distributors, university & Heliae researchers, seed producers, growers, etc.) to support research trials and gather pertinent information that allows sales, research and business management to make accurate decisions and recommendations for product development and advancement.
Department: Research and Development
Reports to: Director of Ag Science
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in understanding the role of our products in supporting a well-balanced soil community and plant productivity
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to product formulation, application testing, and experimentation designed to characterize and enhance actives in agroscience products
- Provide key input to the design and implementation of field and greenhouse experiments via assessment of soil, water and regional considerations with various crop targets
- Provide key information on a wide variety of crops and market needs to the product development, product testing, sales and business development teams
- Monitor and amend product development trials as necessary to achieve greatest efficacy, as well as supporting regulatory and product commercialization activities and processes
- Will perform other duties as required
- 5 - 10 years professional experience as plant and soil microbiologist, or related role for the development of agricultural biotechnology
- 5 – 10 years commercial farm/grower experience
- Ph.D. degree in horticulture, agronomy, soil microbiology, plant science or related field
- Strong track record of scientific innovation and/or product development in agro-sciences
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and statistical analysis software
- Superior knowledge of soil health, soil fertility and plant nutrition
- Experience managing improving soil and water quality for many crops, growing systems, and climates
- Experience conducting field research in plant and soil fertility
- Working knowledge of diverse crop targets, standard agricultural practices (field and controlled), existing agricultural products and their components
- Experience with assessing soil health properties: biological, physical and chemical
- Experience with pesticide use, growth regulators, and new agricultural technologies
- Knowledge of ag product chemical components (e.g., phytohormones, carbohydrates, micro/macro nutrients, biologicals)
- Ability to evaluate and recommend field trial protocols for external growers
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from lab reports for fertilizer, soil, water and tissue analysis
- Excellent data analysis, communication and data presentation skills
- Motivated and accountable team member
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER, CALIFORNIA
Contact: To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right candidate will have worked successfully in the crop ag segment and demonstrate an existing customer base with a proven sales record. Must have experience with biological distributor sales.
- We are looking for a leader who can work independently to deliver results and successfully be part of a team from a remote sales location.
- In addition, the successful candidate will feel comfortable selling to both growers and to agricultural input distributors.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and possess strong written communication, oral communication and computer skills.
- Company will provide a competitive salary and robust benefit plan including auto allowance.
**Please, no calls from applicants or recruiters