Our people define Heliae. We are always seeking talented individuals across disciplines interested in aiding us in our mission of unlocking the potential of algae and similarly underdeveloped organisms.
We believe in the importance of the work we do and understand the impact we can have as a company. We’ve attracted an incredible team and are continuing to grow.
If there is not a current role below that fits your skill set, please reach out to us with your resume and areas of interest. We are always looking for the best people to add to our team. Heliae hires based on merit and encourages diversity of all kinds – we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Submit your resume by completing the form above, including the job position you are interested in.
The Plant Physiologist will lead efforts to explore the impact of Heliae agricultural products on plant physiology and performance. He/she will assist with the overall planning and implementation of Heliae’s Agroscience program aimed at developing and commercializing algae-based agricultural products. He/she will be expected to design and conduct experiments on a wide variety of crops and with input from other sectors of the Ag Science Team as well as Product Development, Regulatory and Sales. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of high throughput product screening and plant phenotyping, and provide key insights leading to current product improvement and the formulation and development of novel product lines. The Plant Physiologist, upon conclusion of trials, will quantify the efficacy of materials with statistics in a written summation and presentation to multiple management levels, including the Board of Directors. He/she will comply with all Heliae laboratory safety and quality standards.
Department: Research and Development
Reports to: Director of Ag Science
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead experiments in greenhouse and laboratory designed to fully characterize the effects of Heliae’s agricultural products on plant performance
- Translate results to support Product Development efforts
- Coordinate experimental approaches with other members of the team (field and soil studies) in order to fully incorporate the broad learnings accomplished
- Recommend soils, fertilizers and comparable products for testing in controlled environments
- Perform wet chemistry techniques as needed
- Maintain a clean “24-hour Audit Ready” work space at all times
- Comply with all job specific Standard Operating Procedures if applicable
- 5-10 years professional experience in plant physiology, plant phenotyping and product screening
- Ph.D. degree in botany, plant science or related field
- Strong track record of innovation and product development in agro-sciences
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and variety of statistical software packages
- Demonstrated ability conducting greenhouse, lab and field experiments in plant physiology
- Ability to employ a wide variety of techniques to answer questions concerning plant molecular pathways, nutrition uptake and transport, plant-soil interactions
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of greenhouse-based research
- Experience working with diverse crop targets
- Knowledge of standard agricultural practices (field and controlled), existing agricultural products and their components (e.g., phytohormones, carbohydrates, micro/macro nutrients, microbials)
- Ability to interpret lab reports for fertilizer, soil, water and tissue analysis
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Motivated and accountable team member
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment