Our people define Heliae. We are always seeking talented individuals across disciplines interested in aiding us in our mission of unlocking the potential of algae and similarly underdeveloped organisms.
We believe in the importance of the work we do and understand the impact we can have as a company. We’ve attracted an incredible team and are continuing to grow.
If there is not a current role below that fits your skill set, please reach out to us with your resume and areas of interest. We are always looking for the best people to add to our team. Heliae hires based on merit and encourages diversity of all kinds – we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Submit your resume by completing the form above, including the job position you are interested in.
AGROSCIENCE RESEARCH TECHNICIAN
Company Description: Heliae® is a platform technology company that produces high-value products from algae. Based in Gilbert, AZ, Heliae is leveraging its core production technology into four target markets: nutrition, therapeutics, feed and ag science. With a seasoned management team and world-class science, Heliae is advancing the future of the algae industry by delivering novel algae-based products to dynamic markets around the world.
Contact: To apply please contact email@example.com
Title: Agroscience Research Technician
Department: Research & Development
Basic Function: The AgScience Research Technician will study and optimize ag-science products derived from Heliae algal strains. This job entails working hands-on with algae, vascular plants and other safe organic materials to help create new and improved products. This job will be focused around applications regarding fruit and vegetable crops. The associate will work with plants in a soil-based greenhouse, handle chemicals, and operate laboratory equipment/ instrumentation. Primary duties will include organizing greenhouse work space as part of a collaborative team of technicians, launching and harvesting experiments and basic data collection. This associate will comply with all Heliae laboratory safety and quality standards.
Reports to: Lead Ag Science Technician
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily Duties
- Set-up and operation of experimental trials in soil platform
- Basic understanding of experimental design
- Conduct experiments and track daily plant growth indicators
- Input data into Excel and compile graphs when needed
- Perform wet chemistry techniques, including pH and salinity monitoring
- Measuring liquid volumes and performing basic concentration conversion calculations
- Mixing nutrient media recipes from dry chemical
- Working with acid/base solutions
- Maintain and update chemical inventory
- Maintain inventory of Safety Data Sheets
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of instruments and equipment to ensure quality data
- Comply with all job specific Standard Operating Procedures if applicable
- Maintain housekeeping and chemical hygiene standards
- Assist in organizing the work area according to 5S and LEAN principals
- Maintain laboratory “24-hour Audit Ready” cleanliness
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- May perform other duties as needed or directed by the Direct Supervisor.
Qualifications: • BS degree in related plant science/biology or equivalent laboratory experience preferred • High School Diploma • Experience with Microsoft Office including:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision
Desired Attributes: • Integrity • Motivated team member • Ability to work in a dynamic environment • Responsibility • Relentless Pursuit
Physical Requirements: • The ability to work 40 or more hours per week at Heliae’s headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona • The ability to operate a:
o computer o telephone o fax machine/copier
- The ability to:
o Walk a construction site and work in a greenhouse environment. o Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day). o Frequently lift or carry up to 20 lbs. o Frequently perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers. o See, hear, and speak.
**Please, no calls from applicants or recruiters