Sr. Maintenance Technician
Senior Maintenance Technician
Company Description: As a leading ag tech company, Heliae strives to create a sustainable impact in the quality of our planet. Heliae is today’s science-backed game changing brand that is 100% focused on a journey to delivering microbial-based products that can be used to change the world in this the U.N. Decade of Ecosystem Restoration Heliae® Agriculture is on the path of understanding how a balanced soil microbiome improves overall soil health, structure, water and nutrient efficiency, and plant vigor and marketable yields, even under stressed conditions, thus helping growers’ transition to more regenerative agriculture practices.
Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Basic Function: The Senior Maintenance Technician will execute all maintenance activities for laboratories, buildings, grounds, pilot plant, and production facilities on Heliae’s Gilbert, AZ campus.
Reports to: Maintenance and Facilities Supervisor
Primary Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance work on plant equipment; maintain records of maintenance work done on equipment; disconnect equipment prior to removal.
- Inspects, operates, adjusts, calibrates, and repairs , water pumps, water storage tanks, water/sewage pumping equipment, wastewater pumps, valves, air compressors, meters, equipment control panels, programmable controllers, emergency generators, wastewater facility equipment.
- Reads, maintains and repairs gauges and meters to ensure the proper operations of water and wastewater systems.
- Performs a variety of plumbing and metal fabrication duties.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with industrial-type mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment; performs a variety of electrical tests, understands, reads and uses blue prints, ladder diagrams, construction and mechanical drawings to isolate and correct problems.
- Lubricates and packs pumps; replaces mechanical seals and other worn or damaged parts on pumping equipment.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate manuals and reference guides, records and logs of operating conditions of equipment and maintenance work performed by entering data on a computer for tracking repairs and maintenance of completed work orders.
- Maintains repairs parts and supply inventory.
- Uses and maintains a variety of hand tools, power tools, electrical testing devices and hoisting equipment.
- Maintains tools, vehicles, equipment and work areas in a clean, safe condition.
- Utilizes a computer, to prepare documents, print forms as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in motor and pump operation
- Experience in plumbing and piping review
- Experience in Electrical wiring and troubleshooting.
- Fluent English written & spoken.
- The ability to work 40 or more hours per week at Heliae’s headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona
- The ability to:
- Work in a construction site.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day).
- Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
- Be evaluated for personal respirator usage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Minimum high school diploma
- Preferred 5 or more years maintenance experience
- Experience with HVAC and electrical work
- Self-motivated/Pro-active/Strong initiative
- High attention to detail
- People Skills/Team player
- Technical Strength/Process Aptitude
- Good in planning and organization of their work and time
- Excellent communication, analytical and technical skills.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment.
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org