Field Trial Research Manager
Field Trial Research Manager
Company Description: As a leading ag tech company, Heliae strives to create a sustainable impact in the quality of our planet. Heliae is today’s science-backed game changing brand that is 100% focused on a journey to delivering microbial-based products that can be used to change the world. Heliae® Agriculture is on the path of understanding how a balanced soil microbiome improves overall soil health, structure, water and nutrient efficiency, and plant vigor and marketable yields, even under stressed conditions, thus helping growers’ transition to more regenerative agriculture practices.
Title: Field Trial Research Manager
Department: Ag Science
Reports to: Director of Ag Science
Primary Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Owns the Field Trial Research Program from protocol development to data evaluation and interpretation, including budget management.
· Visits research sites to ensure protocols are followed, plots are managed well, and data quality is acceptable to use.
· Proactively communicates with VP of Ag Science and other internal teams to ensure all current and proposed trial work and product collaboration efforts are in line with business goals.
· Implements, manages, and communicates data for all trials; historical and new.
· Proactively interprets, organizes, and summarizes data and collaborates with Ag Science for internal and external usage.
· Work with Ag Science, Product Development to define project objectives/scope for both greenhouse and field trial work and work closely with CROs/greenhouse team/researchers/farmers to design and execute nationwide experiments.
· Develop detailed project plans, experimental design and ensure implementation through proper coordination and communication.
· Co-manage the distillation of technical information into concise business conclusions for internal consumption and the creation of external market audiences. Responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy of all internal and external communication.
· Explains technical product attributes to all organization levels.
· Effectively translates and articulates internal data
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· High level of organization and attention to detail.
· Must recognize the need and have a desire to physically evaluate all field sites to assess field/data/cooperator quality
· Extensive understanding of the techniques and approaches associated with quality high-volume small plot crop research.
· Demonstrated knowledge and field research experience working with biological and biostimulant products.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in working with research staff and external commercial research organizations.
· Excellent computer, data management, statistical analysis, and data presentation skills are essential.
· Training in experimental design and analysis of field trial data – preferable with knowledge of Agricultural Research Manager (ARM) software, Pyton, R, etc.
· Bachelors, Master’s degree or Ph.D. in agronomy, plant science, plant pathology or other related field
· Bachelor (3) years, Masters (2) years, or PhD (1) of work experience in field research
· Experience designing and conducting research trials, analyzing data, summarizing results, interpreting the message, and communicating results to the appropriate teams in a presentation-ready format
· Proficiency statistical analysis software (R, Python, SAS, ARM)
· Travel 10-20%
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com