Business Development Director
As a leading ag tech company, Heliae strives to create a sustainable impact in the quality of our planet. Heliae is today’s science-backed game changing brand that is 100% focused on a journey to delivering microbial-based products that can be used to change the world through ecosystem restoration. Heliae® Agriculture is on the path of understanding how a balanced soil microbiome improves overall soil health, structure, water and nutrient efficiency, plant vigor and marketable yields, even under stressed conditions, thus helping growers’ transition to more regenerative agriculture practices.
Heliae is currently seeking a Business Development Director with relevant experience in the food and agriculture industry who can develop new and existing contacts to bring together industry leaders with Heliae® Agriculture’s strategic direction. The person who fills this role must have a passion for the space, innovation, and the desire to want to help evolve the current approaches to food production.
The purpose of the Business Development Director is to identify and connect with strategic food corporations, channels, distributors, growers and other key influencers to identify opportunities for Heliae to expand its reach to have a presence in current and upcoming agricultural and food innovations.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Find new and leverage existing contacts, and develop new relationships in the ag and food industry to advance Heliae’s business interests.
- Partner with companies committed to net-zero emission targets to help them meet their sustainability goals; Drive food brands to connect to the philosophy of regenerative agriculture practices with sustainability goals and outcomes
- Stay up to date on emerging organizations and influencers to find new opportunities and expand Heliae’s food and ag market positions.
- Act as a strategic point of contact and vision leader in the creation of new avenues and markets for Heliae products through identifying and interpreting customer needs
- Generate new leads, identify and contact key decision-makers; build positive long-term relationships with new and existing strategic contacts.
- Arrange meetings with prospective customers and present to executive and board-level leadership.
- Identify and connect with leading food brands to help further shared interests in promoting regenerative agriculture practices.
- Apply knowledge of the agriculture and food industry into development of current and new product features to help create innovative new solutions for our customers.
- Increase strategic partnership opportunities by understanding and helping to address potential customers internal priorities.
- Create compelling business cases and communicate approaches to help integrate Heliae practices and approaches into new strategic partners’ supply chains
- Effectively communicate the benefits and future direction of Heliae food and agriculture initiatives to enable potential strategic partners to evaluate potential benefits of partnering with Heliae.
- Screen potential partnerships by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financial impact to Heliae.
- Become a subject matter expert on Heliae business products, processes and operations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to effectively manage resources in potential strategic partnerships.
- Present and network at conferences to raise awareness of Heliae’s success in soil microbiome science, plant-based food solutions, and sustainability partnerships; enhance organization’s reputation by sharing the Heliae story.
- Remain up to date on the emerging field of regenerative agriculture, biostimulant product market and plant-based food production; identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements.
- Serve as an ambassador and share the story of Heliae, past and future.
The successful candidate will have:
- Background in sustainability food, agriculture, business development, marketing and/or project management
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills
- Ability to quickly understand product and innovate ways for product to benefit potential customers
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work under pressure and in new environments
- Comfortable working with and presenting to Board of Directors
- Time and stress management skills necessary to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-management in terms of initiating and/or completing complex, multi-faceted projects in a timely manner
- Unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven sales and business development experience in food and agriculture sectors
- Experience working with large business and global corporations at senior leadership levels
Relentless Pursuit, Quality, Responsibility, Integrity, Mutuality
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply for this job email your details to SSchwartz@heliae.com