Agronomist Technician (SE Region)
Heliae Development, LLC.
Agronomist Technician SE Region
Company Description: As a leading ag tech company, Heliae strives to create a sustainable impact in the quality of our planet. Heliae is today’s science-backed game changing brand that is 100% focused on a journey to delivering microbial-based products that can be used to change the world in this the un decade of ecosystem restoration Heliae® Agriculture is on the path of understanding how a balanced soil microbiome improves overall soil health, structure, water and nutrient efficiency, and plant vigor and marketable yields, even under stressed conditions, thus helping growers’ transition to more regenerative agriculture practices.
Title: Agronomist Technician
Department: Ag Science
Basic Function: The primary function of the Sales Agronomist is to provide technical sales service support, validated field trial oversight with Heliae customers and target those customers in ways that convert customer trials into sales of Heliae products.
Reports to: Agronomist
Primary Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides a high level of professional field level agronomic and sales support to Regional Sales Manager, targeted customer growers and their assigned associates.
- Become a regional expert for most effectively incorporating Heliae products into grower programs and cropping systems of the southeast US to produce the most beneficial soil and crop results possible.
- In coordination with regional sales manager, develop relationships of trust with key customers and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, company managers and relevant independent consultants within the region while promoting the benefits of Heliae products.
- Practical understanding and experience with design, execution, monitoring, statistical analysis and summarization of crop field trials.
- Manage successful completion of multiple trials in coordination with Regional Sales Manager including (Varying cycles, crops, trial types and timelines) from inception to completion.
- Provide support to regional sales manager for training, preparation of presentation material and personally presenting as needed
- Visit test plots on a monthly basis or as assigned to document progress and key findings summaries and be prepared to present relevant findings to other cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Travel to prioritized trade shows and events to identify opportunities for sales and new target customers.
- Keep abreast of market, trade and competitor activity in the region to help form and revise regional strategy as required
- Positively represent Heliae at company events, customer events and trade events.
- Regularly coordinate and prioritize activities with Senior Agronomy Manager anage large grower level trials with a connection to the food industry for Latin America
- Responsible for large scale, influential grower trials
- Work to connect in food industry input as needed
- Work with Ag Science for protocol development, contract development with Legal, and shipping logistics
- Soil health sampling program for key trials
- Key trial visits and product training (e.g., mixing, blending, and agitation demonstration)
- Work with Ag Science for final reporting
- Build and maintain Technical Sales Sheets w/ annual update
- Develop and maintain images and slides from grower, product performance guarantee program, sales team, and retailer trials.
- Manage and monitor product performance guarantee program enrollment within territory and reporting for large grower field trials.
- Manage satellite imagery and reporting platform in Latin America
- Serve as technical product support across portfolio for territory
- Attend necessary Heliae sales meetings
- Speak at regional meetings when needed (virtual and in person)
- Identify novel product compatibilities and uses in the field for further testing
- Product specification details, label, and mode of action resource for sales team
- Showcase new data to sales team as it comes through the Marketing decks and other media resource (e.g., video, print)
- Build out presentation decks for sales team as needed from Marketing materials
- Help identify critical agronomy skills gaps in sales team
- Other duties as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture related field
- 2 + years experience in a commercial agronomy
- Experience with written communication in publications
- Experience with spreadsheets, presentation software, and word processing software
- Travel up to 50%
- The ability to operate a computer, telephone and a copier
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day)
- Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 50 lbs
- Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com