Our people define Heliae. We are always seeking talented individuals across disciplines interested in aiding us in our mission of unlocking the potential of algae and similarly underdeveloped organisms.
We believe in the importance of the work we do and understand the impact we can have as a company. We’ve attracted an incredible team and are continuing to grow.
If there is not a current role below that fits your skill set, please reach out to us with your resume and areas of interest. We are always looking for the best people to add to our team. Heliae hires based on merit and encourages diversity of all kinds – we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
See listing of open positions below
Heliae is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Submit your resume by completing the form above, including the job position you are interested in.
Algae Production Technician
As a key member of the manufacturing team, you will play an important role in the characterization and maintenance of algal cultures for the production and commercialization of phycological products. You will be responsible for organizing and producing various sized cultures of multiple species as part of a scale-up process. Key factors of this job include maintaining axenic cultures, establishing and following all necessary SOPs, and sustaining a clean working environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Maintain axenic strains and apply isolation techniques when necessary
- Prepare media, monitor cultures, and take samples
- Perform laboratory analyses including microscopy
- Monitor laboratory inventory. Assist in preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Participate in writing reports, standard operating procedures and attending any necessary meetings required
- Assist supervisors and managers in implementing project safety and quality assurance programs
- Maintain the confidentiality of proprietary company information
- Perform other duties as needed or directed by supervisor
- Maintain an effective working relationship with others
- Professional with 2+ years in the area of life sciences and technology with a BS in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Biotechnology preferred. More experienced candidates with an AA degree in biology or equivalent will be considered
- Experience with aseptic technique in an industrial context
- Ability to maintain a clearly organized laboratory notebook
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Excellent communication (written and oral), analytical and technical skills
- BSL2/3 level culturing experience
- Self-motivated /Pro-active/Strong-initiative
- High attention to detail
- People Skills/Team player
- Technical Strength/Process Aptitude
- Good in planning and organization of their work
- The ability to work 40 or more hours per week at Heliae’s headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona
- The ability to travel to plant sites
- The ability to operate a: computer, telephone, fax machine/copier
The ability to:
- Walk a construction site.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day)
- Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 50 lbs
- Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers
- See, hear, and speak